What they needed?
Today Dr. Frank’s blog has got him around 5000 viewership everyday which means lot of burden on servers and also on programmers to keep things as simple to make user
experience as smooth as possible.
This need and usual urge of Dr. Frank to give better services to the people made him and his IT team think about more on user experience.
To achieve better user experience on blog, they changed all designs and also formatted content in a better way. New design added too many CSS files for styling, images to add
glitz factor and also coded from scratch to accommodate all these factors. This all lead to increase in size and number of HTTP request on server, which made things slow for
They were server optimized but still something was keeping them away from the limit of speed optimization. Hence, Team Tweak Tweak on thorough analysis got that we need to
optimize CSS, images and JS to reach that limit.
What we Gave
Before Speed Optimization:
After Speed Optimization:
After completing the optimization of the website we increased the final speed of the website from 17.256 to 2.9 and 3.2 seconds average. Also, the number/size of HTTP requests
were 105/2311.2 K for first view and 35/21.7K for primed view respectively, which changed to 78/2246 KB for first view and 9/19.3 K for primed view.
How Anatta Design and Intelligaia helped?
Tweak Tweak analyzed http://www.drfranklipman.com on the parameters of Web Giants like Yahoo and Google, which they provided on web through their tools called “Yslow”
and “Google Speed”. Based on our study and analysis we performed TweakTweak’s speed optimization exercises on the blog and get some desirable results from it. Following paras could explain the same in much better way.
To achieve image optimization, we applied the following simple methods:
- DATA URI
- Specify Image dimensions
- Combined plug-in CSS and JS
- Removal of static paths from CSS pages.
Following screenshot shows the result which we achieved after performing above steps:
Now, when we compare, what we had initially and what we achieved by just performing the front end optimizing exercises. The results are quite measurable:
|Number of HTTP request - 105
||Number of HTTP request - 78
|Size of HTTP request - 2311 KB
||Size of HTTP request - 2246 KB
|Number of Style Sheets - 7
||Number of Style Sheets - 2
|Number of CSS images - 26
||Number of CSS images - 17